Friday, August 17, 2012

Natural Nail Polish Remover Brands

Along with nail polishes, my collection also contains natural nail polish removers. So far I have tried eco-friendly nail polish removers from Acquarella, Scotch Naturals, Keeki Pure & Simple, and Suncoat. I have not yet found a perfect natural nail polish remover. Some come close, but still have at least one thing wrong with them. Here's what I think of these four brands of natural nail polish remover.

These are all options if you are looking to avoid acetone while pregnant, or just want a safer remover.

Acquarella Water Based Nail Polish Remover

Acquarella water based nail polish remover works well with Acquarella nail polish, but it doesn't perform so well with other brands of water based nail polish. I tried to use it to remove Piggy Paint that had a top coat on it, and the remover did nothing. It also takes a while to remove polish, but that is the norm with removers meant for water-based nail polish. The two best things about Acquarella remover are that it doesn't smell bad and it works great to clean your nails right before painting them.

Scotch Naturals Soy-Based Nail Polish Remover

Scotch Naturals soy-based nail polish remover is one of my favorite brands of natural nail polish remover. It quickly removes water-based nail polish. It is also supposed to work on regular nail polish, but I haven't tried that yet. It leaves nails shiny and moisturized. I don't love that it sprays out of the bottle. I end up breathing in some of the remover. I'd rather it just pour out of the bottle like normal remover. The bottle is made of glass, which seems classy, but it can also be dangerous. I accidentally knocked over my bottle and it shattered on the floor. So be careful!

Keeki Pure & Simple Non-Toxic Nail Polish Remover

Keeki Pure & Simple Non-Toxic nail polish remover seems great right at first. As soon as you open the child-safe bottle you are greeted with a coconut scent. As you start to use the remover you sense a cool sensation. But pretty soon the skin around your nails starts to get dry. It starts to feel uncomfortable to hold the cotton round soaked in remover. Sometimes I don't even finish removing my water based nail polish before I cannot take it anymore. I wash my hands and apply jojoba oil to my fingers immediately. Sometimes I try again later and sometimes I just wait for the flecks of nail polish to fall off.

Suncoat Natural Nail Polish Remover

Suncoat natural nail polish remover could be great, if only it did not smell so bad. It has all natural ingredient and is made from corn and soya. It works to remove both water-based and regular nail polish. But it smells terrible! Not the acetone smell of regular nail polish remover, but a different smell. I cannot stand using it due to the odor. Suncoat recently released a nail polish remover in a gel form, which I hope smells better. I will be reviewing it soon.

Have you found the perfect natural nail polish remover? Which brand of nail polish remover do you use?



No comments:

Post a Comment